About Blocked Fallopian Tubes: When we come across the term ‘Fallopian Tubes’, the first question that comes to our mind is what we understand by this term? The Fallopian tube is a pair in a female mammal through which eggs travel from ovaries to uterus each month during the mensuration cycle.
If the Fallopian Tube is blocked, the sperm is unable to travel to the eggs and the fertilized eggs back to the uterus, due to which infertility occurs in women’s bodies. Due to Blocked Fallopian Tubes, the women experience complications in their pregnancy or are unable to conceive.
Blocked Fallopian Tubes Symptoms
The Blocked Fallopian Tubes are asymptomatic several times and it also may lead women to experience certain symptoms in their bodies. The women undergo severe pain on one side of their abdomen which happens due to blockage known as Hydrosalpinx. The Hydrosalpinx expands the blocked fallopian tubes which increases the risk in the body of women.
The major blocked fallopian tubes symptom of blocked fallopian tubes is infertility that occurs in a woman’s body. The blocked tubes halt the process of fertilization in which the eggs and sperms connect. If a woman suffers from a partial blockage in the fallopian tubes, there is a possibility that she might get pregnant as fertilized eggs can pass easily through the unaltered fallopian tube. If both the tubes are blocked then pregnancy cannot take place without proper treatment.
The risk of ectopic pregnancy takes place in a woman’s body as fertilized eggs do not pass to the uterus due to blockage in the fallopian tubes which leads to stomach pain on one side of the body and vaginal bleeding. The woman should consult the doctor if she experiences such symptoms in her body. In such cases, the doctor recommends In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) which is the best treatment that deals with the difficulties of infertility.
Blocked Fallopian Tubes Causes
One must try to find out the reasons that cause the blockage in the Fallopian Tube? A close study on blocked fallopian tubes causes can help overcome the problem easily. There are several reasons which lead to the blockage of Fallopian Tubes.
A few common reasons are given below:
Pelvic Infection causes infertility, ectopic pregnancy, and in severe cases leads to death.
Damaged fallopian tube due to sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
Scarring of tissues leads to blockage in the fallopian tube.
Abnormal pregnancy is another major factor that leads to damage in the fallopian tube.
Hydrosalpinx which causes swelling and fluid at the end of the fallopian tube also cause fallopian tube blockage.
The growth of adhesions due to endometrial tissues on the outside of other organs causes a block in fallopian tubes.
Past surgery in the abdomen eventually causes a block in the fallopian tubes.
Blocked Fallopian Tube Treatments
If a woman is having complications in her pregnancy or she is unable to conceive, the fertility specialist will do several medical tests to locate the blocked fallopian tubes and suggest the best treatment to cure her blockage. Today, with the advancement in the medical sector, blocked fallopian tube patients can also enjoy motherhood.
Diagnostic tests for blocked fallopian tubes:
- Hysterosalpingogram (HSG): It is the type of X-ray machine that examines the inside of fallopian tubes. The doctor with the help of dye can see more inside of her fallopian tubes on the X-ray machine as the dye is inserted into her uterus through a thin tube placed in the vagina. To check the blockage, the dye has to fill the uterus which eventually leads to leaking in the fallopian tubes. The HSG treatment takes place within the first half of the mensuration cycle. The procedure doesn’t have negative effects and can take place in the doctor’s clinic.
- Sonohysterography: It is a painless procedure in which sound waves and computer images are used. It doesn’t use radiation that damages the tissues or organs. The procedure is done to see the inside of the uterus. The ultrasound transducer is placed in the vagina to detect any kind of blockage in the fallopian tubes.
- Chromotubation: It is performed during laparoscopy to detect the cause of women’s infertility as the fertility specialist diagnoses the blockage through the installation of dye through the fallopian tubes.
There are several treatments through which the blockage of fallopian tubes can be cured:
- If the fallopian tubes are blocked due to scar tissues or adhesion, the laparoscopy treatment might help to cure the blockage
- If one of the fallopian tubes is not closed, the woman might be able to conceive without any treatment.
- Laparoscopy surgery helps to remove pelvic infections and adhesions. However, the damaged fallopian tubes are not cured even after surgery and don’t perform normally because the inner lining has been damaged. The success of surgery depends upon the age of the woman and other associated factors also.
- In Vitro Fertilization is another effective method to cure the blockage when surgery is ineffective. In this process, an embryo is directly placed in the uterus due to which fertilization takes place in the fallopian tubes. If a fallopian tube is partially damaged, an egg may get fertilized but it gets stuck in the tube which results in an abnormal pregnancy. This is the major reason why doctors often recommend IVF instead of surgery for women with blocked fallopian tubes.
In the IVF process, the fallopian tubes are avoided which results in a successful pregnancy. IVF is a healthy process in which own eggs and partner sperms are used. It may also involve the eggs sperms or embryo from a known donor.
Thus, fallopian tubes are the important parts of a woman that plays a vital role in the reproduction process. The blocking of fallopian tubes can become the major cause of infertility in a woman. Today, there are infertility experts helping many couples deprived of parenthood enjoy the bliss of having their own child. The need is to consult an experienced doctor at a trusted infertility center.
India IVF Clinic is one of the best infertility clinics having a countrywide presence. It is engaged in treating couples suffering from infertility problems. It is proudly spreading happiness in families with the priceless gift of parenthood. Book your appointment for the online consultation with India IVF Clinic or plan your personal visit for the consultation at any of the infertility centers. You are sure to have a satisfactory experience.