What is Natural Cycle IVF?
The Natural IVF is the type of IVF Cycle that does not include the usage of drugs. It typically follows a natural ovulation cycle. The procedure involves egg collection aligned with the menstrual cycle. It retrieves the egg which is naturally ovulated. Here, your body selects the best egg itself. Mostly, the result of Natural Cycle IVF is retrieving one egg. But in many cases, it may result in zero egg collection.
This method is suitable for women who are still ovulating and want to prevent the usage of stimulation IVF injections or drugs. Also, this is a very sensitive and precise treatment. There are many benefits of Natural IVF playing a vital role. It is suggested to take suggestions and consultancy from the experts. The procedure for egg collection is very quick and just takes around 5 minutes.
In Vitro Fertilization, IVF has many advantages. One of the reasons why most people choose this method is the low cost. The natural cycle IVF cost much less than the conventional IFV method. Also, this procedure does not involve the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation. But, the risk of multiple pregnancies is still there like in conventional IVF.
Below, we have discussed in detail the Natural Cycle IVF procedure along with the advantages and disadvantages. Also, you can get an idea about the Natural Cycle IVF success rates here.
Who Are the Suitable Candidates for Natural IVF?
For being a Natural IVF candidate, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You must have regular menstrual cycles
- Your age must be less than 45 years
- The uterus must be normal
- You must not have any medical contraindications
- No hydrosalpinx
Following are the conditions when Natural Cycle IVF may treat infertility patients:
- Tubal occlusion
- In the case of male factor subfertility
- In case you had any unsuccessful stimulated IVF treatments earlier
- Pelvic Adhesions
- If you have low Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) or high Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH)
- If you have any history of hormone-dependent cancer
The Top Benefits of the Natural IVF Cycle
There are numerous benefits of Natural cycle IVF.
Below listed are the few benefits of the natural IVF cycle:
- It reduces the risk of OHSS.
- It reduces side effects as well as an emotional burden.
- Treatment times are shorter and lower doses of fertility drugs are required
- No injections required
- Reduces health complications for babies on a long-term basis.
- It is less costly.
- Considered good for implantation.
- Gives eggs of better quality.
How Does Natural IVF and Stimulated IVF Differ?
Natural IVF differs from Conventional IVF in many ways. The major difference between the Natural Cycle IVF and the Stimulated IVF is the medication. In Natural IVF, the patient does not use any medication to stimulate multiple egg development.
Also, the cost of Natural IVF is less than the standard IVF. This is because the stimulated IVF involves some medications. In the traditional IVF cycle, your chances of pregnancy and live birth are much greater than Natural Cycle IVF.
Why Choose Natural IVF Over Conventional IVF?
Natural IVF or unstimulated IVF is a good alternative to the traditional stimulated IVF cycle. The majority of people choose this method because it involves very low risk. Also, the cost of this cycle is very less as compared to the stimulated one. The Natural IVF cycles include fewer amounts of medications as compared to the conventional cycles.
As injections and drugs are used in fewer amounts, the cost is also less. In addition to this, there is very little physical stress on the body and a reduced risk of hyperstimulation. This is because the amount of medication taken is very less. Apart from all this, the Natural IVF cycle reduces the production of excess embryos and also eliminates multiple pregnancies.
Natural Cycle IVF Procedure – Complete Steps
- Firstly, a woman’s egg production is monitored through regular ultrasounds and blood tests.
- Once her egg has reached its mature state, the process of ovulation will be induced.
- After that through outpatient surgery, she will undergo egg retrieval.
- Now, in a controlled laboratory setting, egg fertilization and embryo development will take place.
- After the embryo reaches the quality stage, it will be then transferred into the woman’s uterus. This will be done with a thin catheter. This process is quite similar to the Pap smear procedure.
- Once this is done, progesterone vaginal suppositories will be self-administered by the patient. This will help to prepare her uterine lining for the embryo’s implantation.
- Lastly, in the Natural Cycle IVF procedure, a pregnancy test will be scheduled.
Detail of Natural Cycle IVF Success Rates
For every individual, we can make treatment plans addressing their medical and personal needs. The Natural Cycle IVF treatment plan allows for the pregnancy without involving a large number of medications for fertility. We have proven experience and expertise in Natural IVF.
The methods and treatments used are fully aimed at increasing the Natural Cycle IVF success rates for all ages. There are certain good tips, expert instruction, and suggestions that play a very important part in adding to the increased success rate. A couple with no child and incapable of natural pregnancy needs to strictly follow a healthy lifestyle and undergo the treatment recommended by your treating medical specialist.
We believe that every woman should get a chance to fulfill her dream of motherhood. So, every woman should have access to fertility care. The quality of the woman’s egg is what matters the most as it takes one good egg to make a healthy baby. We at India IVF Infertility Clinic in Gurgaon offer the complete infertility solution under a single roof. Our consulting charges and treatment fee is comparatively low. Moreover, we have rich experience in treating patients with the problem of infertility.
Dr. Richika Sahay Shukla closely observes all the treatments and IVF procedures to ensure there are no compromises on the quality of the medical care services. India IVF Infertility Clinic assures the best natural cycle IVF procedure near you. Couples really concerned about the IVF procedure’s success should contact us without any further delay.
Some Pros and Cons of Natural Cycle IVF
Pros of Natural IVF
- Injections daily are not required.
- This treatment can be performed every month.
- The psychological treatment distress is lower than average.
- Reduced chances of ovarian hyperstimulation syndromes.
- Rare chances of multiple pregnancies.
- The average cost per cycle in Natural IVF is lower.
Cons of Natural IVF
- For women, these cycles require more flexibility for the IVF center. For men, in case the sperm is not cryopreserved, flexibility is required.
- As this is a natural process, the average time to pregnancy is much longer than the stimulated IVF.
The details discussed above explain a few benefits of Natural Cycle IVF. It is better to consult an infertility specialist for the right treatment. The specialist doctor is the right person to decide the best treatment for a patient.
Therefore, it is mandatory to devote time to booking an appointment for infertility treatment. The discussion and your medical history will help your doctor commence the treatment which can include IVF procedure, natural cycle IVF, and more.