Uterine Embryo Transfer
- This is the standard process, where the Embryos are transferred directly into the uterine cavity. This procedure does not usually need Anaesthesia.
- Number of embryos to be transferred is decided after considering the day on which the transfer is to be performed.
On which day post icsi/ivf, is embryo transfer performed ?
Usually embryos are transferred on Day 2, Day 3 and Day 5 after ICSI / IVF. it must be noted that day of egg collection is considered Day 0.
How is it decided on which day the embryos are transferred back to the uterus?
There are various factors which we consider while deciding when the transfer of your embryos is placed back to your uterus.
- Number of Follicles developed during superovulation:
- Number of eggs retrieved after Vaginal Egg Collection
- The number of Mature Eggs (MII) injected
- Number of Eggs fertilized (i.e. Eggs having 2 pronuclei in them)
- Day 2 transfer is considered for all patients.
- Need to have a minimum of 6 embryos on Day 1 for considering transfer of embryos on Day 3
- transferring the best embryos into your uterus after which the High number of Supernumerary Embryos that can be frozen.
- Only 40% Embryos can make it to Day 5, which means patients having fewer eggs and those having a low fertilization rate cannot be considered for embryo transfer on Day 5. Embryo Transfer.
- Freezing rate that is lower for supernumerary embryos as all Embryos don’t turn out to be of high quality on Day 5.